1. Château de BeynacChâteau de Beynac is a French castle, located in Beynac-et-Cazenac. Built in the Middle Ages, it sits on a cliff overlooking the Dordogne River.
2. Bodiam Castle Bodiam Castle sits next to Robertsbridge in East Sussex, England. It was built in 1385 by Sir Edward Dallyngrigge as defense against French invasion.
3. Schloss MoritzburgSchloss Moritzburg is in Moritzburg, Germany. Originally built as a hunting place for Duke Moritz of Saxony, this castle was continually amended and remodeled.
4. Torre De BelémIt was constructed in the 16th century in Lisbon, Portugal. Since then, it has become the honor of the city, representing Portuguese strength.
5. Taj MahalTaj Mahal in Agra, India, was created in the honor of the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal. It is known for its beauty, spirit, and “jewel” of the Muslim art.
6. Kumamoto CastleIt is in Kumamoto, Japan is open for tours and sightseeing. While mostly built with concrete, it has a number of wooden buildings within, which were burnt during previous battles but continually remained intact until today.
7. Castelo de Santo ÂngeloIt was built in Rome by the Emperor Hadrian. It was originally created as a tomb but was mostly used as a defense fortress. From its top place, a wonderful view of Rome is presented.
8. Château de ChaumontChâteau de Chaumont in France was constructed by Eudes II, Count of Blois, in the 10th century. It was originally built as defense from enemies, but was burnt entirely in 1465 by the word of Louis XI. Charles I d’Amboise began rebuilding the castle that same year, but after some break, it was finally finished at 1510 by his son, Charles II d’Amboise de Chaumont.
9.Bamburgh CastleBamburgh Castle is a wonderous beauty in Northumberland, England.
10. Château de ChenonceauChâteau de Chenonceau in France, was was designed by Philibert Delorme and built in the 11th century.
11. Eilean DonanEilean Donan is in Scotland, close to the village of Dornie. It is named after St. Donan, a celtic saint of the Dark Ages.
26 Amazing Castles And Mansions From Around The World